Are you looking to become a Class B or E Driver? Look no further, A1 Transportation Academy is one of the most respected names in the industry. We provide a superior education delivered by exceptional certified professionals. Our driving courses are drafted by industry experts, are facilitated on-site and provide far more hands-on experience with the equipment. Our students receive individual attention and care, in our prestigious Mississauga office.
Class 'C' or 'F' Driving Course Outline
1. Pass M.T.O. Medical Exam – (Form can be obtained from most M.T.O. locations, some doctors and our office free of charge)
2. Apply with the School – Applications can be done in person or Apply Online.
3. Complete in Class Training – This prepares you for the building blocks for your in-vehicle training and covers all that you will need to know to do your job properly and within the law every day you’re on the road. Topics Covered in Class:
4. Complete in vehicle driver training – This is the most important part of your course as its where you are learning the trade hands on. Only 1 on 1 training meaning just you and your instructor in the cab, no one watching you over your shoulder slowing your progress. We offer a safe and private training yard to give you a safe/comfortable place to start and move on to public roads when you are ready. Parking for all students is FREE.
5. Pass M.T.O. Road Test – The road test consists of a Pre-Trip Inspection, a 90° Backing Maneuver, On-Road driving and On-Highway driving.
6. Job Placement – This is your entry into the trade as a professional truck driver. As with all parts of the training, we will assist you with choosing the right carrier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
To drive a school bus in Ontario, you need either a B Class license or an E Class license.
- A Class B license lets you drive a school bus with seating for more than 24 passengers. It also allows you to drive vehicles covered by C, D, E, F and G class licences.
- A Class E licence lets you drive a school bus with seating for up to 24 passengers. It also allows you to drive vehicles covered by F and G class licences.
Our course is 4-6 weeks in length. For a breakdown of fees and expected time commitment, please call A1 Transportation Academy.
Further to course completion students will be awarded Class B and E Training Certificates from the training program. Class B and E License from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation.
To obtain a Class B or E licence, you must:
- be at least 21 years old
- hold a valid Ontario license other than G1, G2, M, M1 or M2
- pass a vision test
- submit a valid medical report
- successfully complete a government-approved School Bus Driver Improvement Course (SBDIC)
- pass a criminal record check
- have fewer than 6 demerit points on your driving record
- pass a knowledge test about operating school buses and trucks (Class B only)
- pass a road test using a vehicle that meets the requirements for a Class B or E
- You will not be able to get a Class B or E license if your driver’s license has been suspended during the past 12 months for any offence outlined in the Official MTO Handbook for buses
- You may register in Person, over the Phone or Apply Online.
- New Courses start regularly, please contact us for more information.
- There are several financing options that might be available to you.
- Please contact our enrolment department for further information.
Bipendeep Kaur Sran