Are you looking to become an Entry Level Truck Driver? Look no further, A1 Transportation Academy is one of the most respected names in the industry. We provide a superior education delivered by exceptional certified professionals. Our driving courses are approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and are facilitated on-site and provide far more hands-on experience with the equipment. Our students receive individual attention and care, in our prestigious Mississauga office.
Class ‘A’ Commercial Driving Course Outline
- Pass M.T.O. Medical Exam – (Form can be obtained from most M.T.O. locations, some doctors and our office free of charge)
- Successfully Pass Class “D” Written Exam
- Complete Air Brake Endorsement “Z”
- Apply with the School – Applications can be done in person or Apply Online.
- Complete in Class Training – This prepares you for the building blocks for your in-vehicle training and covers all that you will need to know to do your job properly and within the law every day you’re on the road. Topics Covered in Class:
6. Complete in vehicle driver training – This is the most important part of your course as its where you are learning the trade hands on. Only 1 on 1 training meaning just you and your instructor in the cab, no one watching you over your shoulder slowing your progress. We offer a safe and private training yard to give you a safe/comfortable place to start and move on to public roads when you are ready. Parking for all students is FREE.
7. Pass M.T.O. Road Test – The road test consists of a Pre-Trip Inspection, a 90° Backing Maneuver, On-Road driving and On-Highway driving.
8. Job Placement – This is your entry into the trade as a professional truck driver. As with all parts of the training, we will assist you with choosing the right carrier for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Licensed AZ Drivers are allowed to drive any tractor-trailer combination. They may also drive in class D and G.
The class A driver’s licence allows you to drive a motor vehicle and towed vehicles where the towed vehicles exceed a total gross weight of 4,600 kilograms (10,000 lb); and vehicles included in classes D and G. A class A-licence does not permit you to drive a bus carrying passengers, a motorcycle or a moped.
For a full Class “A” – a motor vehicle and towed vehicle where the towed vehicle exceeds a total gross weight of 4,600 kilograms (10,000 lb) and an overall length of 45 feet or longer, a fifth wheel coupling and a full air brake system on both the truck and the trailer.
Our course is 5-6 weeks in length consisting of 103.5 hours. For a breakdown of fees and expected time commitment please call A1 Transportation Academy.
Further to course completion students will be awarded the following:
- Class “A” Commercial Driver Training Certificate from the 103.5-hour training program.
- A certificate that our graduates are insurable drivers with all major insurance companies.
Class “A” License from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- WHMIS, PDIC, and Dangerous Goods Certification.
- Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ License or higher
- Grade 10 English or Equivalent
- Successfully Pass Class “A” Written Exam
- Successfully pass the Air Brake “Z” training
- Minimum 18 years of age
- You may register in Person, over the Phone or Apply Online.
- New Courses start regularly, please contact us for more information.
- There are several financing options that might be available to you.
- Please contact our enrolment department for further information.
Bipendeep Kaur Sran